Our residential internet speeds are rated at maximum burst speeds. Not sustained speeds. To prevent Netflix buffering and quality adjustments mid stream please make the following adjustments to your Netflix account.
1.Log into your Netflix account.
2. Click on “Your Account” in the upper right hand corner.
3. Click on "Playback settings” under the “Your Profile” section.
4. "uncheck" the "Auto mode"
5. Choose "Low Data Usage" for a 1.5-3M connection (Constant 700Kb/s required)
Choose "Medium Data Usage" for a 6M connection (Constant 1.6Mb/s required)
Choose "AUTO" for a 12M connection or higher (Constant 5.1Mb/s required for HD)
5. Click “Save”.
This will keep the service from trying to stream at a higher quality than the connection will support once the burst expires and the throttle kicks in.
* If you are on Medium, High or Auto setting and you are still seeing streaming issues. Try moving down one tier and see if this resolves the streaming issue.
** If you are still seeing streaming issue try and "Hard wire" the streaming device if you are using over "wireless connection"
*** We have seen issues with streaming to Web Tv's and Blue Ray Players. Other wireless devices like Xbox, PS4 and Roku seem to have better steaming for wireless if you can't do "hardwire" with cat5 or cat6.